Professor of Law of Evidence
1992 to 1993, SJD, Northwestern University, U.S.A
1983 to 1986, LL.D, Renmin Law School
1979 to 1983, Bachelor of law, Renmin Law School
Law of Evidence, Criminal Investigation, Criminal Justice System, Forensic Linguistics
Law of Evidence, Criminal Investigation, Evidentiary Investigation, Criminal Justice Systems in Foreign Countries
August 2012, visiting scholar, Australian National University, La Trobe University
June to July, 2012, visiting professor, Nagoya University
October 2011, visiting scholar, New York University
February 2011, visiting scholar, Cincinnati University
June to August, 2010, visiting scholar, Max Planck Institute (International criminal law institute)
Academic Supervisor for LL.D. Candidates
Director, Law of Evidence Teaching and Research Center, Renmin Law School
Director, Law of Evidence Research Institute, Renmin Law School
Director, Forensic Linguistics Research Institute, Renmin Law School
Vice Chairman, China Behavior Law Association
Chairman, China Association of Forensic Linguistics
Deputy Director (2006-2008), Procuratorate Office of Malfeasance, Supreme People's Procuratorate Member, China Writers' Association
Editor in Chief, Teahouse for Jurists, Shandong People's Publishing House
Guest Presenter (2005-2006), Law Talks on Weekends, CCTV Law & Society Channel
Guest Professor, City University of Hong Kong School of Law
Visiting Scholar, Aix-Marseille University of Law, Economics and Science
Honors and Awards
2011, Special Contribution Award of 5th National Detective Fiction Contest
2011, winner of the State Council Special Allowance
2009, Legal English-American Legal System, honored second prize of the third national law textbook and scientific research achievement prizes
2008, The Cultivation and Corrective Actions of Torture, honored Outstanding achievement Prize of Beijing law society
2006, Law of Evidence, honored first prize of the second national law teaching material and scientific research achievement prizes
2005, Model Teacher in Renmin University of China
2003, Achievement Award for Returned Scholars
1999, Outstanding Youth Jurists in Beijing
The adoption of evidence and its admittance, Law Study, issue 3, 2011
Duty Crime Investigation shall be modernized, Henan Social Science, issue 4, 2011
The Big Trend of Criminal Justice, Journal of National Prosecutors College, Issue3 2009
Anti-corruption: Through Severe Punishment, Stringent Investigation or Strict Precautions People's Procuratorial Semimonthly, Issue7, 2009
The definition Standard of Presumption, Legal Science, Issue 10, 2008
Shortage of Evidence and Fuzzy fact: Collected Essential of Science of Evidence, Law Press-China, 2012
The Collection of HE Jiahong's Works is representative of his publications in Chinese. It includes three series, and each of the series includes five volumes. The contents of those fifteen books range from law to literature. The first series was published by the Publishing House of Renmin University of China in 2007. The second series was published by China Legality Press in 2008. The third series was published by the Publishing House of the People's University of Public Security of China. The titles of the books in English are:
First Series: Selected Works of HE Jiahong: Crime Novels: 1. The Sentiment Valley of Human Life: A Man with Double Blood Types; 2. The Black Hole of Human Life: Crimes behind the Stock Market; 3. The Misled Region of Human Life: A Mystery of Dragon Eye Stone; 4. The Vicious Circle of Human Life: The Mysterious Ancient Painting; 5. The Narrow Road of Human Life: Black Bat , White Bat.
Second Series: Selected Works of HE Jiahong: Legal Studies : 1. From Ought to Is: Studies on the Laws of Evidence; 2. From Analogues to Identical: Studies on Criminal Investigation; 3. From Theirs to Ours: Research on Criminal Justice; 4. From Observation to Reflection: Critics on Foreign Major Cases; 5. From Popular to Erudite: Little Thoughts on the Culture of the Rule of Law.
Third Series: Selected Works of HE Jiahong: Varieties of Law: 1. Language of Evidence: New Ideas of Legal Science; 2. The Fictitious Truth: Lectures on Legal Evidence; 3. The Twisted Souls: Records of Western Crimes; 4. The Secret Codes of Crime: Records of Scientific Detection of Crime; 5. Excited Awkwardness: Facing the Media (Interviews).
1. Research on evidence rules in criminal trials, a project of the State Social Science Research Centre, China, 2000-2003
2. Research on examination and evaluation of evidence in criminal trials, a project of Ford Foundation, USA, 2000-2003
3. Research on electronic evidence law, a project of Ministry of Education, China, 2001-2003
4. Research on comparison of Chinese and foreign judicial systems, a project of Ministry of Justice, China, 2001-2003
5. Research on witness system, a project of National Social Science Foundation, China, 2002-2004.
6. Changing the mentalities of law enforcement of prosecutors, a project of the Supreme People's Procuratorate, China, 2003-2004.
7. Research on integration of EU criminal justice systems and reform of Chinese criminal justice system, a project of EU-China Legal and Judicial Co-operation Programme, 2004-2005.
8. Research on comparison of juror systems, a project of Ministry of Justice, China, 2004-2006.
9. Empirical study of wrongful convictions in China, a project of Ford Foundation, USA, 2006-2009.
10. Research on rules of evidence admission and evaluation, a project of National Social Science Foundation, China, 2006-2008.
11. Empirical Study on Reform of Criminal Trial System, a project of Ministry of Justice, China, 2009-2011.
12. Research on admission and evaluation of scientific evidence, a project of National Social Science Foundation, China, 2010-2012.
13. Research on systems of case law in countries of rule of law, a key project of Ministry of Education, China, 2011-2013.
14. Research on prevention of wrongful convictions, a project of Ford Foundation, USA, 2012-2013.
Office: Mingde Law Building, No.59 Zhongguancun Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Phone: +86 10 82509436